The firm has a substantial, well established background in charity work. We deliver proactive and pragmatic advice to a broad range of international and private charities. We provide comprehensive guidance and assistance for all business activities undertaken by charities on a daily basis. Charities depend on the people who run them – whether as trustees or volunteers, or as paid personnel. Accordingly, we offer a tailor made personal service for our charity clients.
- Setting up and dissolving a charity
- Legacies – assisting charities appointed as executors or beneficiaries of wills in addition to legal and tax issues linked to gifts to charities
- Fundraising, grants and commercial relationships
- Governance Reviews and compliance
- Operations, contracts and tax issues (including Gift Aid)
- Trustee mentoring and resolving trustee disputes
- Safeguarding – protecting beneficiaries with whom your organisation may come into contact