Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
At Hunters, we are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within the firm, the legal profession and the wider community.
At the forefront of our approach to EDI is our commitment to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for all, and an environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
We recognise the positive impact a diverse and inclusive workplace has not only on our staff, but also on the high-quality legal advice we provide. The firm is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting talent from diverse backgrounds and to providing top-level service to a wide spectrum of clients. We believe that every individual should be treated with respect and dignity.
Hunters is committed to being an anti-racist organisation and to taking active steps to eradicate systemic racism in the legal world and further afield. We recognise the role that law firms must play in challenging racist behaviours and practices.
Hunters EDI Committee
The Hunters EDI Committee is a staff-led group, open to all members of the firm. The committee focuses on developing the firm’s work to promote diversity and inclusion and meets to discuss and implement EDI initiatives across the firm.
The work we have done so far
- We recruit trainees through an anonymised recruitment process, and our recruitment policy ensures we work with agents who are equally committed to diversity and inclusivity.
- We run a paid vacation scheme, also recruited on an anonymised basis.
- We carry out annual diversity and inclusivity surveys.
- We provide our staff with access to EDI resources and promote awareness of EDI issues through a physical EDI library open to all staff, by adding a diversity and inclusion calendar to our Outlook calendars, and by including an EDI section in the firm’s monthly internal newsletter.
- We have made unconscious bias training available to all members of the firm;
- We run firm-wide events to mark and raise awareness around specific EDI issues including Pride Month, Holocaust Memorial Day, Black History Month and Mental Health Awareness Month.
Looking to the future
Hunters recognises that creating a diverse and inclusive environment is a long-term commitment and a continuous process. We have therefore committed to establishing a detailed EDI strategy and framework by the beginning of the financial year for 2024/25 to guide and focus the EDI work of the firm and the EDI Committee going forward.