The firm has a substantial, well established background in charity work. We deliver proactive and pragmatic advice to a broad range of international and private charities. We provide comprehensive guidance and assistance for all business activities undertaken by charities on a daily basis. Charities depend on the people who run them – whether as trustees or volunteers, or as paid personnel. Accordingly, we offer a tailor made personal service for our charity clients.
We recognise the wide diversity of matters on which charities and their trustees seek advice. The closely integrated nature of the firm ensures that the knowledge of the firm’s specialists in other disciplines is available to meet clients’ requirements.
- Setting up and dissolving a charity
- Legacies – assisting charities appointed as executors or beneficiaries of wills in addition to legal and tax issues linked to gifts to charities
- Fundraising, grants and commercial relationships
- Governance Reviews and compliance
- Operations, contracts and tax issues (including Gift Aid)
- Trustee mentoring and resolving trustee disputes
- Safeguarding – protecting beneficiaries with whom your organisation may come into contact
Charities Act 2022 – Seminar Series Autumn 2022
Download our Seminar Series Programme which addresses:
- Amending your governing document
- When charity appeals fail
- Permanent endowment
- Charity land
- The other bits
The firm has strong links with the Charity Commission, the Privy Council and other regulators.
We are also proud to act for numerous clubs, societies, institutions and not-for-profit organisations.
We have earned a reputation as one of the best charity teams in the country, renowned for providing intelligent, proactive and pragmatic advice to hundreds of national and international charities and social enterprises operating in the following sectors:
- Animal Conservation & Welfare
- Emergency and Rescue services
- Environmental protection
- Heritage and arts (including the performance arts)
- Medical & Life Saving support
- Public Sector activities
- Science and Research
- Sports and Recreation
- Welfare and advice