We provide legal services to individual clients, whether they are collectors, artists, designers or art market professionals.
We have a long tradition of acting for private clients, many of whom are the creators and custodians of significant art and antiques collections. We also advise collectors of other high value assets, including important motorcars and sports cars.
We share our clients’ passion for art and collectables, bringing our experience and expertise to bear when they undertake transactions or are involved in disputes. We advise private individuals on all aspects of building, managing and disposing of their collections including in the following areas:
- Sale and acquisition of art works through private treaty or at auction, including gallery and commissioning agreements
- Risk management and pre-acquisition due diligence
- Collection management
- Provenance, appraisal, attribution, authenticity, ownership and title in art works
- Import, export, customs compliance and cross-border movement of art
- Loan, bequest and exhibition of art works
We act for emerging artists as well as artists with established track records. We provide a range of services to assist artists in protecting their creative output, negotiating fair deals with clients, agents, galleries and other intermediaries, positioning their work in private and public collections and securing their artistic legacies.
- Copyright and other intellectual property rights, including moral rights
- Artist’s resale royalty rights
- Commissioning agreements
- Artist management and agency agreements
- Exhibitions and loans
- Managing artist’s estates and legacies
Art market professionals
If you are an art market professional, please see our Business Services page.