Whether you wish to carry out works to your own property, or might be affected by works nearby – we can advise on the implications for you.
Time and energy (and expense) are well spent if you consult us at the earliest possible stage, since at least some of the following legal matters are likely to arise fairly quickly and are best considered at the outset:
- Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent
- The Building Regulations
- Landlord’s consent – is consent required; can it be refused?
- The Party Wall Act, and The Access to Neighbouring Land Acts
- Mains, Drains and Sewers
- Funding for repairs and alterations; and lender’s consent
- Restrictive Covenants and Title restrictions
- Trees and Hedges; and, increasingly, advising on the disputes they can cause