We develop close relationships with our clients and have acted for many as their on-going principal advisers as their businesses grow and evolve. We act for dealers, galleries, auctioneers, institutions, art and design studios and art market professionals. Our lawyers bring legal expertise and commercial perspective to the most complex transaction or project. Where appropriate, we work closely with our other teams to provide a comprehensive service.
We are available at short notice to meet any sudden need, and are committed to giving speedy and practical business advice.
- Artist Management and Agency Agreements
- Terms and Conditions of business
- Sales and acquisitions
- Art loans and financing
- Business structures – company and partnership formations
- Business succession planning and exit arrangements
- Articles of Association, shareholders’ and investors’ agreements
- Consumer law
- Advice helpline
We act for both employers and employees on all aspects of the employment relationship, the contract of employment itself, to drafting and interpreting work place policies, and helping when things go wrong.
- Standard contracts for employees
- Part time workers, zero-hours contracts, interns, contractors and other non standard staff
- Advice helpline
- Dispute resolution
While the internet continues to affect the way in which collectors interact with and buy art and cultural property, a gallery and exhibition space remains an important part of the business model of most galleries and dealers. Our Commercial Property team offers all the necessary skills to provide a one-stop service for your diverse legal requirements in connection with the occupation of business premises.
- Sale and acquisition of freehold or leasehold business property
- Assignment of leases and underletting of surplus space
- Sharing occupation
- Licences for alterations
- Contracts for building and fitting out works including professional team documentation
- Lease surrenders
- Lease renewals
- Property development projects
- Temporary exhibition spaces and pop-up galleries
- Loan or facility agreements and associated security documentation